Post by Blueberry_pie on Aug 20, 2007 5:48:42 GMT -5
There's something wrong with your link... A </br> managed to squeeze itself in there. This link should work. That artwork is... gorgeous! The first image in particular. I'd love to see a higher resolution version of it.
After the bliss that was Hotel Dusk (all of you should make an effort to at least try it...I was very disappointed in the lack of votes for its story ), this is another game on my radar. Cing is awesome. ^_^
Post by Old Man Rupee on Aug 30, 2007 4:02:14 GMT -5
Ha ha! IGN has finally "discovered" this news about King Story. Took you long enough guys!
Anyway, they actually translated stuff for us, so now we know more about the story. It sounds pretty good, but its a major change to Cing's usual games:
This boy finds a magic crown that turns him into a king. The game is a bit like Pikmin meets Simcity, because this crown means you can command people like Pikmin, and when you have a big enough group of followers, you can start them building a town.
Its a lot more personal though, because you can chat to your followers and some of them will have really big back-stories, and will give you side quests etc. Oh, and you'll need to keep looking out for new followers if you ever hope to have enough to battle boss creatures trying to destroy your town (we're talking dragons here).
Its sounds really immersive and cool!
I'm Oldmanrupee over on Deviantart.com, Oldmanrupee on the MS Paint Adventures website (check out my forum adventure there!) and @oldmanrupee AND @oldmanmystery over on Twitter.
@oldmanmystery likes to research mysterious and odd historical events, anything from the Roswell incident to King Tut's curse. He has a growing timeline of these events at www.tinyurl.com/hystory
After much struggling to find this thread, (rename this thread please) there is some more info on the game and pictures as well. Also the game is confirmed to go outside of Japan (at least to NA) and the name seems to have changed to Litttle King's Story.
Also isn't this thread supposed to be in the Third Party Games section?
- every character has a responsability - The King gives orders on what to build - citizens of the town create what the King asks for - The King can form relationships with characters - each character has its own life to follow
- Low grade soldier - not very strong, but will fight to the bitter end
- carpenter - constructs roads and buildings, works great with other carpenters
- peasant - good at digging holes, exploring caves and excavating material
- hunter - good at long-range attacks, and can work with short-range characters, as well
- Arupoco Kingdom - your kingdom
- Sefushigi Kingdom - ruled by King Doburohku, a drunk. The land is cluttered with empty alcohol bottles, and other refuse
- “Good” King Doburohku - he wants to be happy, and spread happiness
- Princess Booke - she *loves* analysis and science, daughter of the King Doburohku.
- Liam - big in stature, but gentle. He can be a bit crass sometimes. cabinet minister that handles all kind of cases.
- Verde - a pretty, cheerful girl. cabinet minister that handles administration.
Post by wanderingshadow on May 31, 2008 9:09:05 GMT -5
Wow, this looks really fun. It reminds me of the mini-game they had in Dragon Quest VII where you found people to live in a town. Eventually, it'd become a certain type of town depending on who you recruited. For example, lots of priests and nuns would create a religious town while bullies and thieves would create a slum.