Post by sgtmajorkururu on Jan 7, 2009 13:20:55 GMT -5
- Nintendo will not release any new, actual games for the Wii or DS except for some redone versions of Pokémon (maybe) because if you're going to milk a franchise for all its worth without changing it, that's the one.
- The above statement does not refer to Virtual Console releases as "new" games.
- Nintendo will continue to pander almost exclusively to casual gamers
- On the off-chance that a new Zelda comes out (unlikely) it will be the same old fare as every Zelda game since Ocarina of Time, which is getting tiresome.
Last Edit: Dec 29, 2009 16:28:44 GMT -5 by sgtmajorkururu
Post by 8bitretroshit on Jan 7, 2009 14:14:45 GMT -5
Hey I got one thing right! I guess.
Other then Mario and maybe Pikmin 3, there's not much I know about and looking forward to. But here's my predictions anyway:
- Despite the E3 returning to it's 'roots', or trying to, Nintendo's conference will still be a boring charts fest. They'll show off a bit of game footage I won't care about aka casual shit and Zelda. - Alright, Pikmin 3 will probably show up too. The trailer shown introduces you to newly coloured Pikpeople. - No new Kid Icarus info or nothing in '09. IGN won't shut up about it though. - New Waverace or Pilot Wings announced. Wouldn't that be nice? - More Play on Wii releases including ridiculous ones like Paper Mario 2. - Devil World gets a VC release in the US. Hey, I actually like that game. - Punch-out Wii gets a 50$ price tag despite being about as big as a Wiiware game. The controls are also garbage. - Adventure Island Wiiware, awww hell yea. Too bad it's Japan-only, just like Gradius Rebirth. - Bob commits suicide.
- This year will be more hardcore oriented that last year. - New Pilotwings game unveiled. - Monster Games (Excitetruck developers) unveil their new (Nintendo published) game this year. Most likely a racing game. - Q-Games (Starfox Command) unveil their new DS game. - Retro Studios new Wii game is unveiled. - NST makes a new causal game. - WiiWare gets more good games. - A new Wii memory storage is unveiled and Nintendo allows patches for games. - Miyamoto's newest game based off one of his hobbies is unveiled. - Nintendo online situation and DLC will only improve slightly.
Post by Dasher Misire on Jan 8, 2009 14:57:28 GMT -5
Yeah, Bob will probably kill himself. Somebody should really try and fix that eventual event.
I agree with Tei on everything except no new games. Sin&Punishment 2, man! Punch-Out Wii! Fire Emblem DS and Mario&Luigi 3! Those are really early on save S&P 2, sure, but for me at least, it's a plethora of titles.
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts 358485732 Days over 4
Up Next- New Super Mario Bros. Wii Tales of Vesperia (eventually) Mario&Luigi 3 (holidays) Final Fantasy VIII (spring)
Post by Boo Destroyer on Jan 13, 2009 2:10:29 GMT -5
I should have known clearing the fogs over these was in order.
Sure, the Wii is popular, but for the wrong reasons. When most people see it, they only look at the casual manure like Wii Music, etc. as opposed to any of its actual games. Because of this, Nintendo's very mascots get screwed off most of the time in favor of those things.
And, I don't hate Pokemon, per se. It's just that anyone who recognizes Pikachu more easily than Mario needs to be shot.