From GoNintendo, some bits from Inafume's livestream Capcom put on:
The following tidbits come from the Mega Man 22nd anniversary live-stream...
- Inafune says moving into 3d once again would be tough, because 2d and 3d Mega Man fans would have different expectations, and there are some elements of Mega Man in the 2d realm that just wouldn't translate to 3d
- Inafune would love to make a new entry in the X series, but he says he happens to be very busy. Before X9 were to happen, Inafune would like to do something completely different with Mega Man.
- Inafune says 8-bit is where Mega Man was born, and he hasn't done everything he wants to with 8-bit Mega Man. As far as a Mega Man series entry that is 16-bit in style, he'll have to see where the series leads him.
- Inafune likes the idea of a Mega Man game with hand-drawn graphics (Muramasa), but he doesn't want to just imitate that idea.
- Inafune says Mega Man Powered Up 2 has a strong possibility of happening (this is a PSP title)
I don't really like whoring my site out shamelessly, but there's been so much news this morning that pasting all the links here would take forever. So...just head here and you can see a ton of new info, art, screens and more.
Last Edit: Dec 17, 2009 13:31:43 GMT -5 by Wildcat
Post by Shrikeswind on Dec 18, 2009 14:31:35 GMT -5
Break Man is Proto Man's alias in MM3 while working for Wily (he wasn't a fan, but he did it for the non-glitched power core.) He had a cool helmet and fought Mega Man. But he caught on to who Rock was (his little brother) and didn't hold any grudges against him for being Light's new kid, so what happened was they developed a sort of Sheik-Link bond, but Rock basically knows who Blues is, though doesn't seem to know how he's related.