Post by nocturnal YL on Jun 13, 2017 13:52:41 GMT -5
Whew.... I guess now I can calm down a bit and actually talk about what I've seen.
- Xenoblade 2 Think about finally jumping into this series. Not entirely sure about it.
- Super Mario Odyssey I was looking forward to this. Actually, this was the only thing I was looking forward to because it was the only thing (and other games in 2017) that they advertised. The trailer did not disappoint at all, the soundtrack is great, and the transformation mechanic and exkploration and all that... Anyway, this is going to be awesome.
- Metroid Prime 4 Probably won't get it, because Prime 3 proved too hard for me.
- Metroid: Samus Returns I was about to talk about how Fire Emblem Echoes marked a long gap between the original game and the remake (25 years), but that record is about to be broken. Metroid: Samus Returns will arrive in 2018, and by then the Game Boy version will be 27 years old. Also, I've been wanting a 2D Metorid for so long, partly because I can't get used to Prime's first-person play. How long has it been since Fusion?
- Kirby I DID NOT EXPECT THIS. Combining abilities in the style of Kirby 64 and Squeak Squad? Helpers? The return of Kirby for Nintendo GameCube mechanics? I'm sold!
- FE Warriors They're only showing Marth, Chrom, Corrin, Xander and Ryoma. I was hoping for characters who don't have 3D models yet, like Eirika and Ephraim. Actually, where're the Sacred Stones contents in Cipher? That game seems to get the short stick often. Also, Chrom and FE1 Tiki amiibo. I want the latter.
- Yoshi Front-back play? So after Kirby and DK, Yoshi ventures into the Z-axis too. I may be interested in this one.
- Yay, no Wii U ports!
- Yay, no Smash! Fans talking about Smash make me feel sick about that series.
- One pointer I use to determine how much will I like a system is the number of games in series I like (and thus likely to buy) in it. It usually means the number of games in the 3D Mario, Kirby and Fire Emblem series, which the 3DS really excelled. The Wii U fell short with no truly satisfactory Kirby games, and at the time the Switch was announced, I was afraid it would end up like that too. Now I can rest assured that thee's going to be one of each eventually, which also raises my chance of getting a Switch to a big, fat 100%. Not now, though.
Post by Nester the Lark on Jun 13, 2017 14:16:48 GMT -5
I hope to get a Switch over the summer. I think they'll only get harder to find the closer we get to the holiday season, especially when games like Mario Odyssey start coming out.
I forgot to talk about the Breath of the Wild DLC. I was hoping for more details on the second pack. It's interesting that they're releasing four new amiibo based on the Champions, and they're compatible with the Champions' Ballad DLC, so I wonder if it will be bigger than I expected.
Most of all, though, I hope the new dungeon is an actual dungeon like Hyrule Castle, and not just Puzzle Room #125.
Post by nocturnal YL on Jun 15, 2017 9:21:32 GMT -5
Okay, time to laugh at myself in the face. I'm so glad to be wrong!
We've seen 4 stages in Super Mario Odyssey. I'm betting we'll see 2 or 3 more. ✔ Yes! 2 more, to be precise; we now have 6 kingdoms known.
They'll show Splatoon 2 even if we already know when will it come out, as a reminder and advertising chance. ✔ Yes!
ARMS, perhaps with more Hedlok info. A complete waste of time since the game is coming out in a few days, but I won't be surprised if they actually do this. ✘ No Hedlok (I think; I didn't watch the ARMS shows), but we got to see the stage of the ARMS commitee president (or whatever his title is). This game's officially coming out in less than an hour!
At least one Wii U port. I'd really hate for it to be one of the games I have. And if it's going to be Smash (doubt it, given the 30-minute run), a direct Smash Wii U port means I won't bother getting it. ✘ No Wii U port, no Smash. I'm so glad. To elaborate, any Smash game they can show right now would have been a port of sorts, and any Smash port would look horribly outdated because the other games have evolved since.
At least one completely original announcement, but it won't be anything big. Save for E3 2016, I've yet to see a Nintendo E3 that's truly devoid of announcement. ✘ A new Kirby game, two new Metroid games, the annoncement that Pokémon for Switch is a thing, a new Yoshi game, and a Mario & Luigi remake. ✔ We have a surprise 3DS announcement in the form of Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido! So yes, we have a small, completely original game announcement!
Actually, let me guess: Assume it's from an existing series. We already have Zelda, Mario Kart, Splatoon and, soon, Mario. Fire Emblem will be next year, and it doesn't look like we'll have Pokémon soon. Kirby traditionally appears late. So that leave us with… either Pikmin or Animal Crossing. I'm betting on the latter. (And I'm not guessing one of those series without a fixed developer here.) ✘ None of the announcements are Pikmin or Animal Crossing-related. And Kirby in 2018, just one year into the Switch's lifecycle? I'm beyond impressed.
On second thought, it could also be Mario Party. Or Super Mario Bros., hopefully in a better graphical style than the New Super Mario Bros. series. ✘ No Mario Party. And what was I thinking, saying they'd announce a 2D Mario there? They did announce both 2D and 3D Mario in E3 2009 (which was glorious), but both are sequels of sorts and not something new like Odyssey.
This is just some personal wish, but I'd like to see… wait, you guys already know what games do I like, right? Kirby! Also, 2D Metroid is back!
If past E3 is any indication, Treehouse Live will be painful to watch after a while. They'll just play the same few games in the same segments over and over. ✘ This time they're using Treehouse Live to make 3DS announcements, showed the Wooded Kingdom (which isn't playable in the showfloor) and some Yoshi gameplay. Much better than the past Treehouse Live shows.
Truth be told, for this year I look forward to TGS more than E3. We already know Nintendo's plan, and I want to see more about the other Japanese publishers. TGS and other smaller shows are where Japanese games really shine, so I look forward to that more. E3 really impressed me. I don't think TGS will, but the scope is different. I'm still hoping for something good… *looks at SEGA and CAPCOM*
At least one completely original announcement, but it won't be anything big. Save for E3 2016, I've yet to see a Nintendo E3 that's truly devoid of announcement. ✘ A new Kirby game, two new Metroid games, the annoncement that Pokémon for Switch is a thing, a new Yoshi game, and a Mario & Luigi remake.
Nintendo did sneak in Sushi Striker for 3DS during Treehouse Live yesterday, so that's one original game. I think you can put a check on that one.
nocturnal YL: I've been thinking about how would things turn out if we do another NinDB Top 25 after 5 years passed. One thing I'm sure is that the participation rate would remain low.
Aug 16, 2020 13:17:30 GMT -5
Shrikeswind: So, having said in my post in Dream Fighters what I've been spending my quarantine on, what about you guys? How are you hanging onto sanity?
Aug 24, 2020 23:16:48 GMT -5
Shrikeswind: Also I don't know that I've ever spent as long building a Smash fighter as I did with WG, and I'm going to hit this one hard here, it was all the costume work.
Aug 25, 2020 5:28:43 GMT -5
Shrikeswind: I'm reminded why I don't bother with that. I had the luxury of easy-to-grab screenshots and it still took literal hours to finish that post.
Aug 25, 2020 5:29:24 GMT -5
Nester the Lark: Let's not talk about me and sanity.
Aug 25, 2020 10:19:20 GMT -5
Shrikeswind: Very well, we shall talk of other things, like shoes and ships and sealing wax, and cabbages and kings, and why the sea is boiling hot, and whether pigs have wings.
Aug 25, 2020 11:51:55 GMT -5
Shrikeswind: It strikes me that perhaps I should not be mentioned in the same breath as sanity myself.
Aug 25, 2020 11:52:44 GMT -5
Boo Destroyer: RuneScape.... I haven't heard that name in a long, long time.
Aug 27, 2020 18:35:05 GMT -5
Shrikeswind: I still play. Matter of fact, I'm currently playing. It actually just came out with a new skill this past March, if you can believe it.
Aug 28, 2020 2:59:22 GMT -5
nocturnal YL: In a way, I'm glad I'm unrelated to those fan communities of the games I play. I just sit back and play games casually, not really caring whatever scandals or elitism or holier-than-thou attitudes going on.
Sept 1, 2020 12:04:16 GMT -5
Shrikeswind: I think I need to track down some horribly cursed Pokemon content now after that. You know, since that was such a heavy topic to drop in the middle of a quiet forum.
Sept 1, 2020 12:44:53 GMT -5