They're fine now, but they weren't fine some time ago. Maybe they just took Fry's words into consideraton or something.
You're right about the harsh responses though. I've noticed that there seems to be selective offense going on when it comes to that. Or maybe Fry really isn't being that harsh and you're just taking it as such. Either one of those.
That's the problem. Either someone's being unnecessarily harsh, or someone else is taking someone's response as being unnecessarily harsh. The line is slowly becoming blurred.
- This year will be more hardcore oriented that last year. - New Pilotwings game unveiled. - Monster Games (Excitetruck developers) unveil their new (Nintendo published) game this year. Most likely a racing game. - Q-Games (Starfox Command) unveil their new DS game. - Retro Studios new Wii game is unveiled. - NST makes a new causal game. - WiiWare gets more good games. - A new Wii memory storage is unveiled and Nintendo allows patches for games. - Miyamoto's newest game based off one of his hobbies is unveiled. - Nintendo online situation and DLC will only improve slightly.
So I got about 4 defintily right, the fifth sort of happened.
- E3 had hardcore games like NSMB Wii, SMG2, Metroid: OM, Golden Sun DS. - Wii game unveiled to be ExciteBots: Trick Racing. (Also release Excitebike: World Rally on WiiWare). - Q-games had released an enhanced version of their old DigiDrive game for DSiWare. They also released Reflect Misslie and a spaceship tower defence game for DSiWare as well. - Good games on WiiWare released this year . . . Bit.Trip, Nyxquest, LostWinds 2, FFCC:MLaaDL and others. - SD card memory update thing happened at GDC in March, patches/updates seem to be slowly happening . . . (nothing significant/game changing though).
- Zelda Wii is given a name and will be released this holiday season. Zelda will have an animated skirt and will possibly not get kidnapped for once. - A new Mario sports title will be revealed. Camelot will develop. Likely a new golf game. - Third party N64 games will appear on the Virtual Console at long last. - A long-lost Nintendo franchise will get a second chance to shine (one that hasn't been confirmed already). Lastly... - Last Window will be confirmed for NA release; I won't have to raise a stink about it not coming out here.
Last Edit: Dec 29, 2009 14:10:58 GMT -5 by Wildcat
- Devil World gets a VC release in the US. Hey, I actually like that game.
I still doubt that will ever happen in the foreseeable future. NoA just removed a burping reference in Mario & Luigi 3 (the "Cavi Cape" is the "Burp/Belch Cape" in Japanese and non-English European translations). If even such minor stuff is still partly removed, I see no hope for a game about defeating the Devil with crucifixes...
But on another Famicom/NES game that passed North America, I wouldn't wonder if Murasame Castle gets its first international release in 2010.
- Nintendo will not release any new, actual games for the Wii or DS except for some redone versions of Pokémon (maybe) because if you're going to milk a franchise for all its worth without changing it, that's the one.
- The above statement does not refer to Virtual Console releases as "new" games.
- Nintendo will continue to pander almost exclusively to casual gamers
- On the off-chance that a new Zelda comes out (unlikely) it will be the same old fare as every Zelda game since Ocarina of Time, which is getting tiresome.
This is last year's predictions....let's see. Mostly right in terms of the first one, same for the second, and half-right for the third - we got a new Zelda in Spirit Tracks, but it played identical to Phantom Hourglass, which is in turn based on the Ocarina of Time system. Man, I can be bitter!
- More Play on Wii releases including ridiculous ones like Paper Mario 2.
Oh, man. Notice how Play For Wii has gone by the wayside? The last release for the series was unofficially the Metroid Prime Trilogy, which was...August, I think? Even then we haven't heard a peep from the PFW concept in months.
ANYWAY! My predictions for this year:
// We will not hear anything about a new Star Fox or F-Zero. This isn't out of bitterness, mind; neither series are particularly powerful, especially when it comes to F-Zero, and their biggest hits were back in the N64 days - you know, ten years ago. I think it's time that both franchises were put to rest, as much as I love them. I will be pleasantly surprised to be wrong, though.
// Metroid: Other M will come out this year sometime and will feature scantily-clad Samus(es?) with boob physics, as is Team Ninja's wont. (Only half serious here, folks.)
// We'll catch wind of a new console Mario RPG that diverges from the Paper Mario series. No solid details aside from that.
// They'll announce a new Ace Attorney game that isn't a re-release of an older one.
// Mischief Makers on the virtual console? Yus? ;D
Post by Dances in Undergarments on Dec 30, 2009 4:40:22 GMT -5
Wow, I completely forget about the page long discussion on me. God I'm cool.
- Mario Galaxy 2 will be delayed and delayed until it eventually comes out in Holiday '10. It'll be the best thing ever, though. - Nintendo will start to hype Other M, but we won't see it this year. - Zelda Wii shown at E3, scheduled for 11 release... won't actually release until 12, though. - GTA Wii game. Reggie spends all E3 hyping it. Turns out it sucks. - Some other stuff.
Post by 8bitretroshit on Dec 30, 2009 9:33:38 GMT -5
- Punch-out Wii gets a 50$ price tag despite being about as big as a Wiiware game. The controls are also garbage.
This one is sorta true... in my opinion. The Wiimote controls are unresponsive and shit. And despite the good amount of content, it doesn't really feel as much.
Well my predictions of this year then: - More developers whining about Nintendo fans how they should buy their 3rd party titles already. Also more threats about them making casual garbage if it doesn't sell well. - Mario Galaxy 2's music will copy/paste MG1's music afterall instead of using that crappy midi music in MG2's first trailer (please). - More awesome shit coming out for DSiware and I won't be able to play it. - Pikmin 3 should finally show it's head this year... - Old franchise returning on Wii, my money's on Starfox. - More rebirth Konami titles coming to your local Wiiware (come onnn Rakuga Kids/Twinbee/Parodius rebirth!)