Post by Shrikeswind on Dec 30, 2009 22:22:24 GMT -5
- A game will be rumored which shows us that all of the shovelware was just practice. It will be announced by '11 and released on December 21, 2012. It will be a sword-and-shield adventure game and it will own so hard that the stock market will crash. - Zelda Wii is officially announced and gets a title. Reggie spends a second on it at E3 because of another game which he considers cooler. - Shovelware like crazy, Reggie spends most of E3 on one game in particular. Zelda Wii rocks it like a hurricane. - Kid Icarus Wii is officially announced, and we learn some interesting features, including the ability to play as Palutena. It will be a 2D platformer and it will have a cool Greek relief style. - A Donkey Kong Country remake for the Wii will be announced. It'll actually end up playing a bit like Brawl. - A new game will be released in which you play as a fish. It'll start out looking like shovelware, but it'll turn out being amazing. People will argue over whether or not the fish should be allowed in the next Smash Bros. in spite of the fact that it's a fish and cannot move, let alone fight, on land. - A new export will be released on VC. Or so it'll call itself. Really, NoA will just need to pay some people to have the soundtrack without pissing off NoJ. You play a psychic boy trying to stave off an alien invasion. It'll be called Earthbound. =P
Aside from Megiddo and Zelda Wii, these are all pretty much just hopes rather than actual predictions.
(Then sadly remember I didn't make any prediction for 2010 )
Well congrats to everyone with the idea of Zelda Wii at E3.
Predictions for 2011: Keep it realistic folks!
- 3DS comes out, and it's online turns out to crap like Nintendo's previous attemps (Hope I'm wrong, hope I'm wrong) - People get pissed off with OoT 3DS remake for not living up to the their hype, when it just turns out to be a simple remake of the original with nothing new added (not even from Master Quest). - Some former Nintendo published Japan only DS titles are finally released out side of Japan. - Vitality sensor released with Wii Relax, starts a new trend of biometric feedback games (every company soon copies it) - A new Starfy title announced for the 3DS. - Another Nintendo game is announced to feature user generated content. - A Wii game comes out that justify's the use of Wii Connect 24. - Resident Evil Revelation on the 3DS turns out to be crap and nothing like the original pitch/idea (just like RE 5) but still sells millions.
- Ubisoft will do something stupid at E3 2011.
- Valve continues to be awesome, - Valve starts to produce real life hats for TF2 as more TF2 hats are created for the game.
And that's all I can think of for now.
Last Edit: Jan 3, 2011 20:57:27 GMT -5 by Da Robot
1- Zelda Wii is given a name and will be released this holiday season. Zelda will have an animated skirt and will possibly not get kidnapped for once. 2- A new Mario sports title will be revealed. Camelot will develop. Likely a new golf game. 3- Third party N64 games will appear on the Virtual Console at long last. 4- A long-lost Nintendo franchise will get a second chance to shine (one that hasn't been confirmed already). Lastly... 5- Last Window will be confirmed for NA release; I won't have to raise a stink about it not coming out here.
1- Zelda: Skyward Sword was named, but did not release. May not even see it this holiday season, who knows... 2- Mario Sports Mix was announced, but Square-Enix developed it. At least Camelot did a new Golden Sun for you fans. 3- Ogre Battle 64 showed up, while Harvest Moon 64 and Mega Man 64 were denied. I doubt we'll see too many of them... 4- Kid Icarus Uprising, anyone? 5- *grumble grumble*
So, five guesses for 2011! - We'll see Last Story and Xenoblade come out for the Wii overseas this year (please oh please let me be on target here) - ANOTHER classic Nintendo franchise will be resurrected for the 3DS. - Smash Bros. 3DS will be announced. I'd be a little surprised if it wasn't. - The Virtual Console will unfortunately become minimized over the year, while the 3DS Virtual Handheld takes the mantle as the leading way to get retro goodies. - Lastly, I predict that Metroid will be coming to the 3DS, in a 2.5 D form, in an effort to recapture the spirit of the older games (given that the latest game took a fair amount of flack for screwing around with Samus' character so much). Will take place after Fusion, perhaps.
1) A non-remake-ish Star Fox game is announced for the 3DS/Wii and possible released by the end of the year. 2) SSB64 3DS'd, like OoT. It'll try to keep things simpler than ever, retaining only the original cast from SSB64, a few new stages and online gameplay. 3) Ganon(dorf) is NOT the main villian in Skyward Sword (I haven't been following news on Skyward Sword, but as far as I know, very little has been made public) 4) Pikmin 3 finally is released and it is EPIC ("F*ck you Miyamoto" if it's not epic). 5a) Super Metroid is 3DS's, having 2.5D, new areas, items/weapons (...um... Spider Ball?) and bosses. And a slight "Epilogue" , like Zero Mission. 5b) That, or a whole new game, one that follows the story after Metroid Fusion. [long, fandom sh*t]In which the Galactic Federation has placed a bounty on Samus, and she has to fight many familiar faces after her, including characters from M:OM, while finding out about how corrupted the GF has become. She finds out that the GF somehow obtained X colonies, and managed to control them, allowing high ranking soldiers to use X suits, special suits that hold many X colonies and allows the wearer to morph into various beings. In the end, Samus gets into a fight with the Remembuh Me Guy Anthony, who has many cells from past game bosses, even pirate bosses like Ridley, and in the end, of a 3 part battle, the X suit destablizes and gains control of Anthony, killing him, and mutating him to fuse various of his forms. Samus kills him, manages to escape whatever before it blows up, and disappears for years, ending the game there.[/long, fandom sh*t] 6) "Wii2" is vaguely announced by the end of the year and confirmed in early 2012.
- A game will be rumored which shows us that all of the shovelware was just practice. It will be announced by '11 and released on December 21, 2012. It will be a sword-and-shield adventure game and it will own so hard that the stock market will crash.
Eh, sorta. A sword-and-shield adventure game that uses (what I believed to be when predicting) shovelware gimmicks (1:1) did appear in Skyward Sword. Date sarcasm naturally didn't happen.
- Zelda Wii is officially announced and gets a title. Reggie spends a second on it at E3 because of another game which he considers cooler.
Skyward Sword. Time explaining it was significantly greater than I guessed.
- Shovelware like crazy, Reggie spends most of E3 on one game in particular. Zelda Wii rocks it like a hurricane.
NYET. For once I'm glad I got something wrong.
- Kid Icarus Wii is officially announced, and we learn some interesting features, including the ability to play as Palutena. It will be a 2D platformer and it will have a cool Greek relief style.
Uprising. No confirmation on Palutena's playability (though Story Mode says no, I heard multiplayer somewhere,) not for Wii, not the right graphics or playstyle, but I'll be damned if it doesn't count as calling it.
- A Donkey Kong Country remake for the Wii will be announced. It'll actually end up playing a bit like Brawl.
Holy fuck was I close. 'Twas a sequel, and plays different, but only just.
- A new game will be released in which you play as a fish. It'll start out looking like shovelware, but it'll turn out being amazing. People will argue over whether or not the fish should be allowed in the next Smash Bros. in spite of the fact that it's a fish and cannot move, let alone fight, on land. - A new export will be released on VC. Or so it'll call itself. Really, NoA will just need to pay some people to have the soundtrack without pissing off NoJ. You play a psychic boy trying to stave off an alien invasion. It'll be called Earthbound. =P
Damn, Fishykins and Earthbound didn't appear. I was looking forward to both. =P
1. A Mario Galaxy game is released for 3DS 2. 3DS Lite will be announced early because too many people complain about...I dunno. Their eyes hurting or something. 3. Sega joins forces with a gaming giant to create another sub-par Sonic game. 4. Golden Sun 4 (Mourning Moon?) is announced.
Ah, what better way to return from a hiatus than to make bullshit predictions.
-Pikmin 3 fills the Epic Yarn slot (October-ish) of Nintendo's release schedule. -No F-Zero. -Wii 2 is announced in the same fashion the 3DS was. (I.e. A press release beginning with "To whom is may concern." ) -Skyward Sword comes out in the summer, is kinda meh, next Zelda is radically different. -Last Story, Xenoblade and Fire Emblem DS 2 English releases are confirmed. (Otherwise, I will have to choke a bitch) -Dragon Quest X gets a 3DS port, if it isn't cancelled for Wii entirely. -Another classic Nintendo platformer gets a sequel developed by Good Feel. -Mega Man X9 is announced, either as a SNES style downloadable game, or for the 3DS. -A Final Fantasy V and/or VI and/or Before Crisis remake(s) for 3DS are/is announced.
As for non-Nintendo stuff:
-Half-Life 3 is announced, Valve still claims Episode 3 is a thing. -Final Fantasy XV is teased, is promised to be closer to the Final Fantasy of old. -Breath of Fire VI. Make it happen, Capcom. Make it happen.
So hey, I tweet sometimes. @e107combo is the man to follow.
- More developers whining about Nintendo fans how they should buy their 3rd party titles already. Also more threats about them making casual garbage if it doesn't sell well.
None of this. Those dudes probably dumped the Wii in favor of developing Kinect/PS Move titles as they're gaining popularity.
- Mario Galaxy 2's music will copy/paste MG1's music afterall instead of using that crappy midi music in MG2's first trailer (please).
It's (mostly) all new music, thankfully with the same awesome quality as SMG1 (that E3 reveal trailer really had shit music)
- More awesome shit coming out for DSiware and I won't be able to play it.
Dark Void Zero was released on Steam too and the games I really wanted to play (Shantae and Kappa Trail) don't even have a EU release yet. So I guess I got this wrong too!
- Pikmin 3 should finally show it's head this year... - Old franchise returning on Wii, my money's on Starfox.
*price is right horn*
- More rebirth Konami titles coming to your local Wiiware (come onnn Rakuga Kids/Twinbee/Parodius rebirth!)
Aw man, they kinda stopped doing these. Ohwell, was fun while it lasted.
Well then, 2011: - PSYCHE. Those 3DS OoT and SF64 demo's were just that, demo's. Next E3 will show off an entirely new Zelda/Starfox game that will eventually be released instead. - Virtual Boy titles will be made playable for 3DS, virtual console style. - Virtual Boy franchises will make a comeback on the 3DS. Like a new Teleroboxer or an actual release of Dragon Hopper. - A new F-Zero for Wii. It'll actually look worse than Sega's cube version and the wiimote controls will be akward. - Nintendo's E3 2011 conference won't only not live up to it's 2010 one (I mean really, they unveiled 4 new core games and a new handheld, it's hard to top that), it'll also just downright be bad since they don't have a lot going on with the Wii by then and they don't want to reveal their new console yet. - The Swords and Soldiers sequel will be too big for Wiiware and will just skip a Wii release. - La-Mulana wiiware will finally get a releasedate... for NEXT YEAR. - Ohyeah, Pikmin 3. Well they should be able to show it off THIS year, right?
- Mario Galaxy 2 will be delayed and delayed until it eventually comes out in Holiday '10. It'll be the best thing ever, though. - Nintendo will start to hype Other M, but we won't see it this year. - Zelda Wii shown at E3, scheduled for 11 release... won't actually release until 12, though. - GTA Wii game. Reggie spends all E3 hyping it. Turns out it sucks. - Some other stuff.
- Didn't get delayed, was awesome. - Was hyped, didn't get delayed - Was shown, still scheduled for 2011, but remains to be seen if it will be pushed back to 2012... doesn't look like it at the moment - Not even close. - HOLY SHIT NAILED IT
So, this year.... - Wii continues to slow to its death, only to have a major price drop and pick back up for one last proper xmas. - No official Wii2 announcement this year, though developers and whatnot start to leak that they are working on Wii2 games, and thats its coming in 2012. - Much speculation of Skyward Sword being Twilight Princessed to the Wii2 launch, though nothing ever comes of it. - 2D platformer revival continues with Yoshi's Island Wii. Looks amazing but is ultimately not fun to play. Out late '11. - New Pokemon Stadium Black and White thingo also out 2011. - No major 3rd party exclusives, all focus has been swtiched to the 3DS. - 3DS continues Nintendo's trend of having supply issues, leads to various conspiracy theories about Nintendo witholding stock to induce hype - No mention whatsoever of any 3DS Lite, so eventually everyone holding out for it gives up and buys the original (only for the Lite to be announced early 2013) - New Super Mario Bros 3DS announced at E3, but does not make 2011, as.. - Animal Crossing 3DS, Mario Kart 3DS, and Resident Evil Revelations the big titles for Xmas 2011. - Some journalist asks Miyamoto about Pikmin 3 at a post-E3 conference, he says 'they're working on it'... this is all we see or hear of it all year. It never comes to Wii, ever. ....And since it was such a successful prediction last year... - Some other stuff happens
Huh, apparently I failed to make predictions last year!
Following the trend of last year, despite Nintendo putting out more and more of the games that people want, the fanbase continues to dilute into a disparate band of folks who comment on YouTube videos.
Nintendo takes down YouTube soundtrack posters as they intend to release two incomplete soundtracks themselves. Drives the market underground and creates a new, angry community of nerds.
By the end of the year, Nintendo announces a whopping 4 more 3DS games to be published first party in the U.S. Europe gets 5 more, while Japan gets 20.
The least surprising announcement is New Super Mario Bros. 3DS, which allows wireless co-op play. The oddest announcement is Vanpool's Bulging-Muscle Tingle's Workout Adventure with impressive 3D effects on Tingle's throbbing mass. Understandably, there is a muted response to the announcement of Yoshi's Story 3DS.
Nintendo decides by the end of 2011 to announce the codename of their next home console system. They show a display model without revealing anything about the controller. 5 of the functions it is stated to have will never make it into the production model (although it will come with the Vitality Sensor built in).
Fryguy64 updates NinDB a month late to celebrate its 10th birthday.
Post by Prince~Of~Light on Jan 4, 2011 8:36:15 GMT -5
-Otomedius Excellent gets released, but rest of Gradius-fans complain about having girls in. (Rest of the fans love the fanservice. NO, NOT THAT KIND OF. THE SHOUTOUTS AND REFERENCES TO EARLIER KONAMI SHOOTEMUPS)
-Virtual Console 3DS is released, letting us get GB and GBA-games, woots. Some games might get imported, like For The Frog The Bell Tolls.
- Kirby gets FINALLY a 2.5D adventure we've waited about for over 5 years to come. (-l_l-) For 3DS. (-lvl-) With Superstar Stuff.
-Puyo Puyo 20nth Anniversary-game comes out... More Madou Monogatari-characters, butchered in AI, and personality! And maybe more stupid gimmicks that ruin the fun. (Henshin makes battles too loong.)
-Professor Layton & Phoenix Wright-game doesn't get released outside of Japan, making it as the new "Mother 3" between both fans of the series. (-lvl-
-Puzzle League-game with PKMN Anime characters, no Lip. (-l_l-) (Likely to happen.)
-Taito goes on messing up. Now they give Space Invaders's new cute mascot Ufo-co (From Space Invaders Extreme 2) appearances to new Taito-games.
-Nintendo and Sega make a new Sonic & Mario- No, they instead make a game, where two shota-boys run through stages in time of music and beats. Even the stages's objects add in the sound for the music. (Thus the game seems to mix of Maestro: Jump In Music and Sonic-games with lots of Parkour threwn in) Boxes scattered through release game characters worldwide. DDR, Rhythm Heaven, Taiko No Tatsujin, and Ouendan&EBA get a new competitor. Even Guitar Hero is rivalled!
-Captain Rainbow-series get a new title, making the series iconic for the unknown game sof Nintendo, and little rivalling Smash Bros.
// We will not hear anything about a new Star Fox or F-Zero. This isn't out of bitterness, mind; neither series are particularly powerful, especially when it comes to F-Zero, and their biggest hits were back in the N64 days - you know, ten years ago. I think it's time that both franchises were put to rest, as much as I love them. I will be pleasantly surprised to be wrong, though.
// Metroid: Other M will come out this year sometime and will feature scantily-clad Samus(es?) with boob physics, as is Team Ninja's wont. (Only half serious here, folks.)
// We'll catch wind of a new console Mario RPG that diverges from the Paper Mario series. No solid details aside from that.
// They'll announce a new Ace Attorney game that isn't a re-release of an older one.
// Mischief Makers on the virtual console? Yus? ;D
Huh, I'm surprised I wasn't more bitter about my predictions last year. The rundown:
// We did hear winds of Star Fox 64 3DS. Although it was only a demo, I'd be surprised if they didn't make it into an actual game. No news on F-Zero though, much to nobody's surprise.
// Other M did not feature scantily-clad Samus, but still managed to act more sexist, turning a strong character into a submissive, stupid, stereotypical woman. I could go on and on about this, but the horse is still dead and my flogging stick got splintered. I'm not sure about the boob physics, though...anybody with a keener eye have an opinion?
// A new Paper Mario was announced, so half-and-half. It's not a side-scrolling platformer, so this will ideally be a return to form.
// Yes, yes, and yes. Ace Attorney Investigations 2, not to mention Ace Attorney/Professor Layton. ;D
// Sadface. ;;
So, mostly right! I'm going to try to be more optimistic about the coming year, as Nintendo has decided to return to their roots.
TEi's 2011 predictions:
// More retro Nintendo franchises get rebooted, providing more fodder for new Smash Bros. games.
// Further N64 remakes will be announced for the 3DS, including F-Zero X, Super Smash Bros., and (hopefully) Bomberman 64. Also, Super Mario 64...yeah, I know they made SM64DS, but that felt more experimental.
// Pokemon Gray announced, possibly even released. Ruby and Sapphire remakes announced at the ass end of the year, despite the fact that they'd be completely pointless. XD
// There will be a new Metroid game. It won't be sexist, and it will be awesome...largely because Team Ninja and Sakamoto will have nothing to do with it, plz.
// Nintendo's E3 is going to be pretty rocking. Not as good as last year's, but still worth tuning in for.
Now for some negatives...
// The Wii will continue on its downward slope. However, Nintendo will start hinting at the next Nintendo console. Unfortunately, it won't be backwards-compatible with the GameCube.
// Nintendo will likewise continue its pig-headed approach to online gaming, not even bothering to consider parental controls to prevent The Scary Anons from trolling kids. Sigh.
// Another Mario and Sonic crossover opportunity will be squandered. [/color] And on the Non-tendo fronts:
// Team Fortress 2 will continue to be awesome. There will be tons of weapon and hat updates, and the Companion Cube pin will become available to people who preorder Portal 2 on steam.
// The new Mortal Kombat...won't actually be that bad.
// Jet Grind Radio is announced and comes out on XBox Live and Playstation Network. TEi orgasms himself to death, then takes it upon himself to make Achievement Hunter videos for the game's achievements...because TEi is a freaking JGR God.
// More Dreamcast games will be announced/released on XBL/PSN.
// More Left 4 Dead campaigns will be added to both games, including L4D1 campaigns available in L4D2 (Crash Course and Death Toll likely coming in one update).
Nester the Lark: Also, I know YL isn't into speedruns, but he might be interested to know that RPG Limit Break is having a Gust marathon all weekend, including several Atelier games.
Sept 25, 2020 22:01:18 GMT -5
nocturnal YL: Ah… Bad timing. I didn't read this until now, when it's almost over.
Sept 27, 2020 12:59:22 GMT -5
Nester the Lark: Well, if you're still interested, they'll be uploading the replays to their YouTube channel later this week.
Sept 27, 2020 17:58:41 GMT -5
Shrikeswind: I like that Mayles put her back in her kneepads. What's the last game they were in? One of the Kongas? It was a good look for her, albeit very 90's.
Oct 4, 2020 19:37:15 GMT -5
Shrikeswind: The jokes call to me, their siren song a temptation I can hardly bear, yet I must stay my tongue. Confound my dirty sense of humor.
Oct 16, 2020 13:05:51 GMT -5
Nester the Lark: The replies I see to anything Nintendo posts on Twitter are probably an indication as to why they abandoned Miiverse and decided that social media should be someone else's responsibility.
Oct 20, 2020 16:48:02 GMT -5
nocturnal YL: As mentioned in Twitter, I'm currently playing Atelier Meruru DX. I'm thinking about writing reviews for the Arland series afterwards, as well as making a second Nintendo Switch review video after I finish either this or my next game.
Nov 7, 2020 8:46:05 GMT -5
Nester the Lark: ^ I would be interested in seeing your reviews of the Arland games.
Nov 7, 2020 10:56:31 GMT -5
Nester the Lark: So, there's been Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors. But guys, how about this: Punch-out Warriors! It's like Punch-out, but you fight all of your opponents at once!
Nov 12, 2020 12:12:00 GMT -5
Shrikeswind: Sounds punchy, but unless it's a real knock-out I don't think it'd be a hit.
Nov 15, 2020 16:11:31 GMT -5