After seeing how huge the SSBB prediction thread got and seeing various video game websites make there own 2008 predictions, I decided to create this thread where everyone here can make our own.
Then at the end of 2008, then thread can be opened up to see what was right and wrong.
Rules - No extremley crazy/completly stupid predictions (silly/humorous ones are allowed though but at the bottom of ones list, seperate from the serious predictions). -15 is the max number of predictions someone can make. (This may change, depending on if everybody wants more). -This thread will close on the 6th of Jan, so get your predictions in before then. This prevents people from making new predictions, like during the middle of the year.
-Wii pandemonium starts to fade out -Wii gets some FULL games from third-parties (finally) -New version of DS is announced -New Pokemon is announced, alongside the third version for the DS Generation -Kid Icarus Wii is announced
And my ultimate dream... -Super Mario RPG DS was legit and we all love it dearly
- A Link to the Past gets remade in Phantom Hourglass graphics for the DS. - A good Sonic game gets released on a Nintendo console. - A new Wii Zelda game is announced. - New Mii clothing and etc. are able to be downloaded from Wii Shop Channel.
Post by 8bitretroshit on Dec 31, 2007 3:11:33 GMT -5
- Disaster: Day of Crisis is cancelled - Another sort of Mario + Sonic game is being revealed - New Wii with more harddisk space revealed - Pilot Wings Wii! - New Goemon game revealed for Wii... and will be Japan-only - Not a single good 3rd party game that makes use of that wii-fit board thing - Mii Channel 2.0 shows up with more features and the ability to store over 100 of them - Golden Sun Wii looks like shit, plays like shit and doesn't sell well - Wii's still in a lot of demand when the 4th quarter of '08 rolls around - Cluclu Land gets released on VC (Hurry up already!)
Good work everybody! Nice to see everyone within the rules as well and it's good to see some of you using rumors as the basis of your predictions as well.
I should also point out that you can do predictions for Sony/Microsoft as well, but try to keep it mostly Nintendo.
Now my predictions.
- Mario Kart Wii will have a Battle mode stage shaped like a Wii controller. - Nintendo will release USB flash drive support, which will good but not a perfect memory solution. - 1080 Snowboarding for Wii with Balance Board support. - Earthbound/Mother sequel will be announced and Earthbound will come to VC with Mother 3 coming to WiiWare because of EB VC sales populaty. - Downloadable content in games will probably be implemented in Wii games this year with WiiConnect24. - Rock Band won't come to Wii, Rock Band 2 will. Wii Music will get destroyed by Rock Band 2 when it comes out. - Wii will get a new color this year, or least a color in limited quantitys to drive back attention to Wii demand. - Starfox Wii will get announced this year and it will be all made by Nintendo. - A new version of the DS will be released, with not much difference to the DS lite. - A new Pokemon will come out for the DS this year. - Red Steel 2 will come out this year and be way better than the original. - WiiWare will be cool but memory limitations of the Wii with annoy people downloading them. - Wii Motor Sports and/or Wii Sports 2 (winter themed) will be annouced or come out this year.
- Xbox 360 will get a motion sencing controller with a mouse cursor/pointed which will get used for FPS and RTS games.
- Sakarai will get really annoyed this year when he is asked about doing a Smash Bros game for the DS.
Last Edit: Dec 31, 2007 4:17:36 GMT -5 by Da Robot
-Wii colors (Hurry up, Nintendo!) -SSB64 will be released on the Virtual Console -A REAL (as in non-copy) Mario platformer will be released on the DS -Starfox Wii will be released -Nintendo World stores will be a chain (I don't want to have to drive to NYC to go there) -SSB DS will become a reality
...That's all I can think of at the moment.
EDIT: I'm starting to think a DS 2 would be cool. Better graphics should come with.
Last Edit: Dec 31, 2007 18:41:04 GMT -5 by Deleted
-SSBB will sell at least 4 million byyears end and be on track to beat Melee's sales -Wii demand will continue, and supply will still be an issue -Pikmin 3 will be announced for the Wii -FEDS will come out this year in Japan -KSS for the DS will come out at the end of the year (for the US) Mario Kart Wii will beat MKDS's online connection records -Starfox Wii announced -Wii Fit sells 1.5million in the US -Wii Music will come out Holiday 2008 -New colors for the Wii near the Holiday season -A large amount of Third party developers will jump onto WiiWare -3 new Wii Channles in 2008(not including demo or preview like the MP3 thing) -Wii hits 35million by years end -Increase of number of shooters on the Wii (not by 360 standards, but some)
Was going to make a "change" American Kirby, but I'm not that skilled at Fireworks.
- SSBB comes and it will be a big hit. It outsells SSBM. - The Xbox 360 will get more and more computer-like as keyboards and whatnot are released for it. Eventually, Microsoft releases a desktop version of it, which ends in complete failure. - Nintendo retail stores will not become a reality (sorry, Roy, check out this thread) - Wii Fit will be a success. Studies will show it does a lot, but it does not reduce America's obesity as a whole. - Zelda is revealed to be far past its prime and the series will reach an end in a matter of a few years.
Well my first set of predictions were all wrong, but....
- SSBB comes and it will be a big hit. It outsells SSBM. Correct! SSBB has sold as many units in a year than SSBM did during the GameCube eras.
- The Xbox 360 will get more and more computer-like as keyboards and whatnot are released for it. Eventually, Microsoft releases a desktop version of it, which ends in complete failure. Totally wrong! What was I thinking?
- Nintendo retail stores will not become a reality (sorry, Roy, check out this thread) Correct...
- Wii Fit will be a success. Studies will show it does a lot, but it does not reduce America's obesity as a whole. Seems to be okay, I guess.
- Zelda is revealed to be far past its prime and the series will reach an end in a matter of a few years. I hope not.
nocturnal YL: I just found out that Atelier Ayesha DX has an out-of-bounds glitch, and it's very easy to get. That's the third game I've found something like that, after Meruru and Firis. There isn't much interesting to see, though. You just fall off and respawn.
Feb 15, 2024 12:42:55 GMT -5
nocturnal YL: Almost at the end of Atelier Ayesha DX. Got everything in the base game, but the extras are incredibly difficult.
Feb 18, 2024 14:40:03 GMT -5
nocturnal YL: I'm not sure if I have enough remaining time to prepare for the extra battles (large amounts of items are involved, and restocking takes time). If I can't do it, I'll just end my playthrough. I didn't miss any story contents as far as I know.
Feb 18, 2024 15:26:02 GMT -5
nocturnal YL: The synthesis puzzles are fun and a bit difficult, and the time limit is quite tight. It generally feels close to Arland (but more complex). The story and UI aren't good in comparison, but this game is otherwise great. Comparable with Totori overall.
Feb 18, 2024 15:57:20 GMT -5
nocturnal YL: Cool. Atelier Ayesha DX has a save data corruption glitch, and now I cannot even start the game.
Feb 20, 2024 12:46:12 GMT -5
nocturnal YL: It happened after I reached the ending. Something was off (the end credits did not show), and I looked around the Extra menu trying to launch it, and bam! Game crashed, and Launching the game now results in a black screen.
Feb 20, 2024 13:13:21 GMT -5
nocturnal YL: And I'm 100% sure it's save data corruption. Deleting the save data solved the problem, and restoring it would reinstate the issue.
Feb 20, 2024 13:14:49 GMT -5
nocturnal YL: Ironically, I re-joined NSO to protect my Ciel nosurge DX save data, which ended up not needing it. I haven't closed my Atelier Ayesha DX session and have set my save data backup to fully manual. And it's this seemingly stable game that ended up failing.
Feb 20, 2024 13:46:19 GMT -5
Nester the Lark: I hope you haven't lost too much.
Feb 20, 2024 15:15:25 GMT -5
nocturnal YL: That's the entire save file, about 70 hours of progress, possibly gone. I wrote to KOEI TECMO GAMES about that, but last time I told them about a Firis DX bug they replied "we could reproduce, but game is too old to reopen development", so I'm not hopeful.
Feb 20, 2024 15:23:25 GMT -5
nocturnal YL: I almost 100% completed everything other than the original game's DLC or the Plus features too. Though I guess with better knowledge of the extra bosses, I'll be better prepared in a hypothetical 2nd run. Still prefer a proper New Game+ though.
Feb 20, 2024 15:28:16 GMT -5
Nester the Lark: Wow, and after you put all that time into it. That would really sour my impression of a game. Do you plan to redo everything?
Feb 20, 2024 18:17:54 GMT -5
nocturnal YL: I think I'll most likely move on for now. Maybe I'll get back to it in the future; I'm thinking about replaying everything in the series at some point (since a few games have second-playthrough-only bonuses), which might be years from now.
Feb 21, 2024 9:13:09 GMT -5
Nester the Lark: I started the demo for Unicorn Overlord. I've barely gotten into it, but it's already VERY impressive!
Feb 23, 2024 11:17:39 GMT -5
nocturnal YL: KOEI TECMO GAMES sent me a politely-worded "sorry, can't help, also this game is out of support". I expected as much.
Feb 27, 2024 9:23:09 GMT -5
nocturnal YL: Guess I shouldn't get too hung up about it. Atelier Ayesha DX is a relatively short game with a speedrun time of 2 hours. It probably won't take more than 30 hours if I skip cutscenes and battle animations.
Feb 27, 2024 10:18:58 GMT -5