- Nintendo will not release any new, actual games for the Wii or DS except for some redone versions of Pokémon (maybe) because if you're going to milk a franchise for all its worth without changing it, that's the one.
- The above statement does not refer to Virtual Console releases as "new" games.
- Nintendo will continue to pander almost exclusively to casual gamers
- On the off-chance that a new Zelda comes out (unlikely) it will be the same old fare as every Zelda game since Ocarina of Time, which is getting tiresome.
Last Edit: Dec 29, 2009 16:28:44 GMT -5 by Deleted
Post by 8bitretroshit on Jan 7, 2009 14:14:45 GMT -5
Hey I got one thing right! I guess.
Other then Mario and maybe Pikmin 3, there's not much I know about and looking forward to. But here's my predictions anyway:
- Despite the E3 returning to it's 'roots', or trying to, Nintendo's conference will still be a boring charts fest. They'll show off a bit of game footage I won't care about aka casual shit and Zelda. - Alright, Pikmin 3 will probably show up too. The trailer shown introduces you to newly coloured Pikpeople. - No new Kid Icarus info or nothing in '09. IGN won't shut up about it though. - New Waverace or Pilot Wings announced. Wouldn't that be nice? - More Play on Wii releases including ridiculous ones like Paper Mario 2. - Devil World gets a VC release in the US. Hey, I actually like that game. - Punch-out Wii gets a 50$ price tag despite being about as big as a Wiiware game. The controls are also garbage. - Adventure Island Wiiware, awww hell yea. Too bad it's Japan-only, just like Gradius Rebirth. - Bob commits suicide.
- This year will be more hardcore oriented that last year. - New Pilotwings game unveiled. - Monster Games (Excitetruck developers) unveil their new (Nintendo published) game this year. Most likely a racing game. - Q-Games (Starfox Command) unveil their new DS game. - Retro Studios new Wii game is unveiled. - NST makes a new causal game. - WiiWare gets more good games. - A new Wii memory storage is unveiled and Nintendo allows patches for games. - Miyamoto's newest game based off one of his hobbies is unveiled. - Nintendo online situation and DLC will only improve slightly.
Post by Dasher Misire on Jan 8, 2009 14:57:28 GMT -5
Yeah, Bob will probably kill himself. Somebody should really try and fix that eventual event.
I agree with Tei on everything except no new games. Sin&Punishment 2, man! Punch-Out Wii! Fire Emblem DS and Mario&Luigi 3! Those are really early on save S&P 2, sure, but for me at least, it's a plethora of titles.
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts 358485732 Days over 4
Up Next- New Super Mario Bros. Wii Tales of Vesperia (eventually) Mario&Luigi 3 (holidays) Final Fantasy VIII (spring)
Post by Boo Destroyer on Jan 13, 2009 2:10:29 GMT -5
I should have known clearing the fogs over these was in order.
Sure, the Wii is popular, but for the wrong reasons. When most people see it, they only look at the casual manure like Wii Music, etc. as opposed to any of its actual games. Because of this, Nintendo's very mascots get screwed off most of the time in favor of those things.
And, I don't hate Pokemon, per se. It's just that anyone who recognizes Pikachu more easily than Mario needs to be shot.
Nester the Lark: Also, I know YL isn't into speedruns, but he might be interested to know that RPG Limit Break is having a Gust marathon all weekend, including several Atelier games.
Sept 25, 2020 22:01:18 GMT -5
nocturnal YL: Ah… Bad timing. I didn't read this until now, when it's almost over.
Sept 27, 2020 12:59:22 GMT -5
Nester the Lark: Well, if you're still interested, they'll be uploading the replays to their YouTube channel later this week.
Sept 27, 2020 17:58:41 GMT -5
Shrikeswind: I like that Mayles put her back in her kneepads. What's the last game they were in? One of the Kongas? It was a good look for her, albeit very 90's.
Oct 4, 2020 19:37:15 GMT -5
Shrikeswind: The jokes call to me, their siren song a temptation I can hardly bear, yet I must stay my tongue. Confound my dirty sense of humor.
Oct 16, 2020 13:05:51 GMT -5
Nester the Lark: The replies I see to anything Nintendo posts on Twitter are probably an indication as to why they abandoned Miiverse and decided that social media should be someone else's responsibility.
Oct 20, 2020 16:48:02 GMT -5
nocturnal YL: As mentioned in Twitter, I'm currently playing Atelier Meruru DX. I'm thinking about writing reviews for the Arland series afterwards, as well as making a second Nintendo Switch review video after I finish either this or my next game.
Nov 7, 2020 8:46:05 GMT -5
Nester the Lark: ^ I would be interested in seeing your reviews of the Arland games.
Nov 7, 2020 10:56:31 GMT -5
Nester the Lark: So, there's been Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors. But guys, how about this: Punch-out Warriors! It's like Punch-out, but you fight all of your opponents at once!
Nov 12, 2020 12:12:00 GMT -5
Shrikeswind: Sounds punchy, but unless it's a real knock-out I don't think it'd be a hit.
Nov 15, 2020 16:11:31 GMT -5